One thing that turned us off when we first saw the Dingo was the front area. The stickers of the grill and lights just looked wrong. That was definitely an area we needed to improve on ours.
Being loosely based on a Land Rover, we went with a Land Rover design for the lights. 2 mm styrene; a bit of cutting, sanding and drilling, and the frame was finished. The lights are from the Axial accessory light kit. First we set the light buckets flush from behind, but we felt it looked too flat. So we removed the bars from the grills that come with the light and placed them from the front. Much better.
For the grill we wanted some shiny parts. We found a few DVD drives in the rubbish bin, which contained 2.7 mm metal bars. They were just the right size for the grill. The sides are 5x5 mm styrene blocks, with holes drilled to hold the bars in place. The mesh is from a pencil holder we found in a Dollar-store.
The styrene parts were painted with a matt black plastic spray paint. The inside of the light buckets was painted silver which makes them "pop" nicely.